With nearly two million online stores in 200 countries, Shopify is now one of the most popular eCommerce platforms in the world. Known for its straightforward interface and ease of use, Shopify is perfect for cross-border eCommerce and eCommerce startups, large or small. Another reason online sellers love Shopify: It offers the freedom and flexibility of installing third-party apps on top of its already-powerful features. That way, merchants can integrate different tools in the form of Shopify apps to achieve goals like boosting sales, increasing conversion rates, and improving the customer experience.
To help you reach all of these targets and more in 2022, we’ve compiled a list of our top 18 Shopify apps. In this first installment of the three-part blog series, we’re covering the first seven: the “must-haves.”
All eCommerce businesses need to communicate with prospects and customers at different stages of their buying journeys. That’s where Drip comes in. It’s an automation tool that helps you simplify email and SMS marketing. With 4.6 out of 5 stars on Shopify, Drip has been named as one of the best email-marketing apps out there today.
- Customizable forms that allow you to acquire more shoppers’ email addresses in an easy, frictionless way
- Pre-built email templates (from welcome letters to full-fledged marketing campaigns) which can save you time and effort and get you better engagement rates
- Easy segmentation of your users based on their shopping behavior (including browsing, clicking, or purchasing) so you can send the right message to the right person automatically
Drip offers a 14-day free trial. After that, their basic plan starts at $19 USD per month for up to 500 email contacts, and $22 USD/month to add 200 SMS numbers on top of that. For enterprises with over 140,000 contacts, the fee will be at least $1,500/month.
OptinMonster is the right tool for eCommerce store owners who are looking to build an effective conversion strategy. As part of this process, the OptinMonster suite of tools can help you drive more traffic, capture more leads, and recover more abandoned carts.
- An easy-to-use, drag-and-drop editor for building marketing campaigns
- Exit-intent popups that appear when shoppers are about to leave the site and encourage them to share their contact information first
- The freedom to create tailored messages for different groups of targeted customers
OptinMonster doesn’t offer any free options. But for a $9 USD monthly fee, you can create unlimited campaigns and list segmentation. (For this plan, your site’s traffic has to be under 2,500 pageviews.) A 14-day refund is guaranteed if you’re not satisfied.
PushEngage is a push-notification app that helps you recover those potential customers who abandoned or have not yet finished checking out on your site. Once they opt in to receive notifications, your website visitors will get news, promotions, abandoned cart reminders, etc. seamlessly through their browser.
- The ability to send all types of messages in the user’s native language
- Direct reminders and alerts that encourage shoppers to come back and make a purchase
- Personalized push notifications that can also be sent automatically
PushEngage’s free plan has a limit of 200 subscribers and 30 campaigns on one site. The paid plan starts at $9 USD per month and includes up to 100,000 subscribers, unlimited campaigns, and many additional features. From there, increasing the number of websites and/or subscribers will increase the monthly fee.
In this day and age, the majority of online consumers read reviews before making a purchase decision. That’s why ratings and reviews are so important for eCommerce sites. Yotpo is a Shopify app that helps online stores generate more organic product reviews in the form of text, pictures, and videos in order to gain the trust and, therefore, the business of prospective customers.
- In-email forms that allow customers to submit comments without having to leave their inbox
- The ability to collect and display user-generated images on your eCommerce site to tell compelling stories
- SEO-friendly features (in addition to the benefits on-site review content and answers can bring), including Rich Snippets, Google Seller Ratings, and Product Listing Ads
The free plan includes reviews and ratings, loyalty and referrals, SMS marketing, and visual user-generated content with limited functionalities. The paid plans vary depending on the features you want to add to your Shopify store.
As an eCommerce seller, you’ll inevitably have customers who want to return items because they bought the wrong one or received a defective product. If your returns process is simple, quick, and transparent, customers are more likely to buy from you again in the future. But if it’s complicated or too slow, you may turn off customers for life. Enter AfterShip Returns Center. It helps you provide consumers with a smooth, simple return process. It also works with multiple, trusted carriers to protect your merchandise and deliver a satisfying customer experience.
- A smooth and engaging return experience that begins with directing customers to a branded return page
- A management portal and return tracking to help you and your customers easily understand the current status of their return
- An analytics feature that lets you view the big picture of all returns and inventory so you can plan for the future
AfterShip Returns Center offers a free plan with up to three returns per month and basic features. Advanced plans start at $9 USD/month, which includes 20 returns per month. You can try one of their plans for seven days, free.
#6. Lucky Orange
Understanding user behavior is very important for eCommerce sellers, because it allows you to optimize the flow and structure of your eCommerce website in order to increase conversion rates. Lucky Orange is an app that gives you a comprehensive view of consumer behavior on your site so you can do exactly that.
- Session recordings that help you understand your target audience’s shopping behavior so you can optimize your marketing funnel accordingly
- Heatmaps, which give you an idea of which website elements can influence a shopper’s decision to purchase
- Surveys and announcements that can help you learn about your shoppers’ opinions so you can adjust your site based on these results
Lucky Orange is free for one website that has no more than 500 page views per month. The paid plans start at $10 USD/month and go up to $100 USD/month.
Adding a live chat window like Facebook Messenger’s to your site allows you to provide instant service to shoppers in an interface most of them are already familiar with. It’s a simple way to increase trust and, as a result, conversions.
- Interact with shoppers in real time via a Facebook Messenger window right on your website
- Preservation of all chat history for you and your visitors
- The ability to integrate the tool with multiple accounts and on different websites
Facebook Live Chat doesn’t provide a free version, but it does offer a 30-day free trial. There are three paid plans after that: $12.99 USD/month, $29.99 USD/month, and $79.99 USD/month. All three have similar features but are designed for different numbers of users and websites.
Integrate top Shopify apps to boost your business
Thanks to the booming ecosystem of Shopify apps, eCommerce merchants like you can now build a thriving online business more easily than ever. Stay tuned for the next two installments in this series to discover the rest of our top Shopify app recommendations!
After you start running your eCommerce business with Shopify, you may need a more comprehensive unified analytics tool to help you plan for your business’s future success. Shypyard provides six integrated features for this purpose, including omni-channel clarity, product analytics, and cohort analysis. Together, they give eCommerce store owners the ability to make profitable operational decisions and build long-term growth. Try it for free today!
- 18 Shopify Apps eCommerce Businesses Need to Boost Sales in 2022 | Part II: Marketing
- 10 Tips for Creating High-Converting Facebook Ads for Your eCommerce Store
- How to Link Google Analytics to Your Shopify Store
Be the first to hear when we launch!